Important Reminders for Parents & Guardians
ARRIVING TO SCHOOL ON TIME:
It is very important that your child arrives to school at 7:40 a.m. so that he/she is prepared for the day and are able to participate in the morning classroom routine. Our school-wide Sustained Silent Reading (SSR) time begins at 8:05 a.m., which is an important part of each day here. If students are walking into their classrooms late, it truly is a disruption and interrupts the reading process. Thank you for making sure that your child arrives to school on time each day.
DROPPING STUDENTS OFF AT SCHOOL:
Please do not drop off your child in the back parking lot of the school. This is a safety concern due to traffic coming in and out of the parking lot in the morning, especially the buses. Please drop off your child in the frontof the school where he/she can enter the school through the double doors near the gymnasium. Those doors are open each morning from 7:40 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. and are used for walkers who are entering the school each morning as well as students who are driven to school. If you arrive late, you must report to the main office with your child where you will need to sign your child in for the school day.
- Dismissal each day is at 2:30pm.
- If your child needs to be released early for any reason, or if you will be picking up your child when they normally ride the bus, please send in a note to your child’s teacher. We are required to send students on the bus unless we have the proper documentation.
- Unless it is an emergency, please do not call at the last minute to change transportation arrangements for the day. Again, a signed note must be provided in the event there is a change in how your child normally arrives to and from school.
- If your child is absent, please call in the absence and send in a note the following day to our school nurse,Mrs. Jankowiak, identifying the reason for your child’s absence. She can be reached at 891-6420.
- If your child is a walker, please remind him/her to walk directly home each day. Walker doors open each morning at 7:40 a.m. and walkers are released each day at 2:30 p.m.
- If your child rides the bus, please remind him/her about appropriate bus behavior.